- Create a case within Sherpaa’s app and tell us the details of your situation.
- Within a few minutes, our doctors message back with a series of specific questions.
- Your responses can give us a good idea if your symptoms are from a virus, bacteria, or something else.
- Most lung infections are viral and antibiotics don’t kill viruses. If your story suggests it’s a viral issue, we recommend things you can do at home to treat your discomfort.
- If it sounds like it might be a bacterial pneumonia that antibiotics can treat, we’ll order an x-ray at your local imaging center to be done in no time.
- The radiologist will send us the results of your x-ray to be included in your case. If the x-ray shows a bacterial pneumonia, we’ll prescribe medications you need to get this infection under control. You choose your pharmacy within the app and pick up the prescription in no time.
- If it’s unclear and our doctors think your lungs warrant an exam, we’ll send you to a local in-network place to get an exam and, potentially, a prescription for antibiotics to treat your infection.
- Sherpaa always checks in on you. And you can easily send us updates. We’re here for you from beginning to end.
Did this answer your question?