Spending thousands of dollars a year on health insurance and healthcare needs a careful strategy. You wouldn’t buy a new car or a new house without doing your best to spend wisely.
Also, having insurance doesn’t mean you have doctors when you need them. In efforts to save money, insurance companies are limiting the number of doctors available to you. And without a doctor you can easily turn to at all times who can help you figure out exactly what you need, you’ll probably overspend. Many people go to the ER because they have nowhere else to turn to. Just one unnecessary $5,000 ER visit pays for 10 years of Sherpaa’s services. Healthcare is expensive but mistakes are avoidable. Having Sherpaa helps you figure out:
- Can you get diagnosed and treated online or do you need in-person care?
- Can you just get a blood or imaging test and get diagnosed instead of an in-person visit?
- Do you need a specialist, an internist, an ER, or an urgent care visit?
- Where can I get this medication for the lowest cost?
- Can I get a refill on a medication without the cost of an office visit?
The short answer is this:
Step 1: Get a high deductible plan
Step 2: Get a Health Savings Account
Step 3: Get Sherpaa
Step 4: Spend on in-person healthcare strategically and only when necessary
Here are the details of Sherpaa's recommended strategy for high deductible health plans.